[arch-releng] automated iso builds

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Mar 5 13:04:11 EST 2010

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Great! :)
>
> I guess for next test isos should be announced in forum, so can get
> more feedback from people. Not all users reads this list.

I first want to hear from Aaron/other people who are into
traffic/mirror stuff how we will handle the distribution of the images
(i.e. we don't want the entire Arch community to get the images from
build.archlinux.org).  we're currently discussing this in the
(private) arch-dev mailing list.

> Also will be great, but need some coordination with Aaron, to git
> pull archiso2dual into archiso [#1]. Then you can build dual isos,
> and at least, put netinstall-dual (220MB) for download.
>
> [#1]
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2010-March/000889.html

Well, I'm just the installer guy, I have no knowledge of this stuff.
I read the dual arch thread
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2010-February/000836.html
and ticket http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10753
but could not see much testing/feedback.
If you get Thomas' blessing or Aarons, it's fine for me.
Since your dual-netinstall image is only 220MB, I think the "people
will complain about downloadsize" is void and we can ship only
the dual-arch images.
OTOH since it's trivial to release both dual-arch and single-arch
images, we can do that aswel.

> Note that archlinux-2010.03.04-core-x86_64.iso and
> archlinux-2010.03.02-core-i686.iso are builded with an old archiso
> git (archiso hook is 3 commits old from current master), also
> syslinux menu is old.
> Ensure for next time doing a make clean (syslinux-iso), git pull and
> make install (archiso).

will do.