[arch-releng] LVM Installation Issues

Lukas Grässlin lukasgraesslin at gmx.de
Thu May 13 15:24:55 CEST 2010

On 05/13/2010 02:51 PM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2010 14:44:34 +0200
> Lukas Grässlin <lukasgraesslin at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi there again :)
>>
>> I forgot another thing:
>> If I have two disks and I want to use the secons disk completely as
>> PV I normally don't need a partition on that disk, i just do:
>>
>> pvcreate /dev/sdb and that's it.
>>
>> In AIF I have to create a partition that fits the complet disk size.
>>
>> Of course, thats no problem. I just wanted to told this to you ;)
>>

> no you don't.
> afaik, aif lets you do what you want.
>
> Dieter

Mh sorry, my fault. With the latest iso I also can use entire disks as
PV. Alright ;)

Another thing I just yet encountered is, that when creating a lv if I
enter a greater value than the vg size is (the thing from my first post
in this thread) of course the creating fails. AIF tells me "Error
creating...etc".
So far, so good, but if I klick "Enter" it tries again and again to
create the lv and fails of course. I'm in a loop and only can exit the
installer.

--
Lukas Grässlin
GnuPG-Key: http://lg.ath.cx/lukasgraesslin@gmx.de.asc