[arch-releng] archisobasedir discussion.

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Oct 17 20:41:43 EDT 2010

  On 10/17/2010 08:43 PM, Thomas Bächler wrote:

>>> OK, Of course! I was forgetting that at the time of the creation of
>>> the iso, you specify the path of the syslinux, hehe :)
>>>
>> archlinux has 9 chars, iso9660 level 1 is limited to 8.3, sugestions?
>>
>> arch
>> archiso
>> My Arch Linux Booteable Medium Made By ArchISO :P
> Oops - I just did it on vfat. I'd prefer arch/.

I made changes to mkarchiso and syslinux-iso/Makefile but... does not
work (config file not found)

Seems that you only played with extlinux, because isolinux....

72       ++++ NOTE ON THE CONFIG FILE DIRECTORY ++++
73
74 ISOLINUX will search for the config file directory in the order
75 /boot/isolinux, /isolinux, /.  The first directory that exists is
76 used, even if it contains no files.  Therefore, please make sure that
77 these directories don't exist if you don't want ISOLINUX to use them.

And this documentation is up to date acording to the code
http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/syslinux/syslinux.git;a=blob;f=core/fs/iso9660/iso9660.c;hb=HEAD#l275

isofs still uses this custom method instead of generic for syslinux/extlinux
http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/syslinux/syslinux.git;a=blob;f=core/fs/lib/loadconfig.c;hb=HEAD#l14

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1