[arch-releng] Archlinux automated via PXE

Nico Schottelius nico-archlinux-releng at schottelius.org
Fri Apr 1 19:56:33 EDT 2011

Thomas S Hatch [Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 05:44:22PM -0600]:
> I will have to look into cdist.
>
> I have been working on a project for distributed system management called
> salt recently that could be used as the push medium for something like
> cdist:
> https://github.com/thatch45/salt

Interesting, though I do not instantly see the use case of salt
(indenpendent of cdist).

Regarding push medium / cdist: It uses plain ssh, as this is available
on every unix and cdist thus does not require any other stuff
(besides a shell) on the target.

Cheers,

Nico

--
PGP key: 7ED9 F7D3 6B10 81D7 0EC5  5C09 D7DC C8E4 3187 7DF0