[arch-releng] Archlinux automated via PXE

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat Apr 2 05:36:40 EDT 2011

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 10:58:42 +0200
Nico Schottelius <nico-archlinux-releng at schottelius.org> wrote:

> Dieter Plaetinck [Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 10:58:27AM +0200]:
> > Nico Schottelius <nico-archlinux-releng at schottelius.org> wrote:
> > > [prepared stuff for pxe environment]
> >
> > well, I don't have a large infrastructure sitting at home, nor do I have the time to figure out and implement a feature I don't use; I already have a hard enough time doing all the other releng stuff.
> >
> > If you want to make things better, I welcome contributions and will gladly assist you where I can.
> > But this kind of stuff needs to come from someone who actually uses it and can test it.
>
> Fair enough!
>
> I'll take over the hat, can you give me some initial pointers on
> what to read to see how releases are done and how you'd like to
> see patches?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nico

we build releases basically by getting the latest archiso from git and running
make all

in practice, on the releng machine, some more stuff is being done (like
building aif package from git and using that, instead of aif from the repo).
the package sources are at
http://releng.archlinux.org/
(the built packages also, but it seems they are a bit out of date)
the entire releng enviroment (scripts and stuff) is at
http://projects.archlinux.org/users/dieter/releng.git/tree/
the main script is
http://projects.archlinux.org/users/dieter/releng.git/tree/scripts/releng-build-and-release-testing.sh

patches: git format-patch and git send-email