[arch-releng] Iso tests

Tom Willemsen tom.willemsen at archlinux.us
Thu Apr 21 03:57:37 EDT 2011

> Tom, two things- I'd like all new parts to use South migrations, so if
> you could go ahead and generate the initial migration for this new
> app, that would be awesome. Take a look at the docs if you aren't sure
> what I'm talking about.

Very well, I'll start reading.

> Second thing is- wondering if you could rebase your work on the latest
> code. You branched quite a while ago and I'd prefer one line of clean
> code that applies nicely, as it is a lot easier to follow. Something
> like "git rebase master <mybranch>" should do the trick. It would also
> be great if you could use "git rebase -i" or any other tricks to
> squash fixup commits into the proper commit where that work originally
> belonged.

I'll try, never used rebase before.

> My quick review since just pulled it down anyway:
> * rtf ? I like this even less than isotests as far as WTF naming; I
> had NO idea what that meant until I saw your commit. Why not just
> "releng"?

Just "releng"? Seems too generic, this app only deals with a small part
of releng, the "releng-testbuild-feedback". Wouldn't that be preferable?

> * vim modeline on all files, like all existing files please.
> * import statements: I try to do the following, with a blank line
> between each, in this order: python, django, our app

No problem.

> * http://releng.archlinux.org/isos/ needs to be in the config file-
> default in settings.py is fine, but it can't be hardcoded.

Of course, how could I forget.

> * "class(foo): pass" doesn't fly with me, I don't care how compact it
> is. Just use the normal three lines so changing it later isn't a P in
> the A.

I thought you were going to say that.

I'll get to these points tonight or otherwise this weekend.

Tom