[arch-releng] updates to releng scripts for new dm_snapshot archiso

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat Aug 6 12:17:33 EDT 2011

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 12:41:44 -0300
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> TIP: Personally, to use few space (I work on 3.3GiB tmpfs), when
> "build.sh all_iso_single" ends, I execute
> # find work/i686 -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 ! -path work/i686/iso -prune |
> xargs rm -r
> and
> # find work/x86_64 -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 ! -path work/x86_64/iso
> -prune | xargs rm -r
> respectively. So I delete all things not needed by "build.sh
> all_iso_dual". Maybe these commands can be added to build.sh, something
> like "prune_tmp_single".

yes, that seems useful.

Anyway, we managed to get new builds. (we switched to ext3 for the chroots and did a `pacman -Scc` in the chroots.  i would switch back to ext4 later to see if it breaks again, but first let's have it run like this for a while and see how well it works)

images are at http://releng.archlinux.org/isos/2011.08.06/
they are completely untested.
any feedback is welcome (on http://www.archlinux.org/releng/feedback/ and bugtracker if you find issues)