[arch-releng] worker_mkinitcpio missing?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Thu Aug 11 03:30:43 EDT 2011

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:37:02 -0600
Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like in the latest aif the worker_mkinitcpio function is
> missing. I am using this function in Varch to prepare the initcpio
> for certain virtualized hardware, so I am just asking, what function
> should I overwrite in the aif config file instead to ensure that the
> mkinitcpio.conf is overwritten before the initcpio is generated?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Thomas S Hatch

Yes, mkinitcpio building is no longer a separate worker.
I refactored and simplified the code paths around the system
configuration a while ago.

As you can see in the base procedure, or in either of the example
profiles for the automatic procedure: the worker_configure_system
will call preconfigure_target and postconfigure_target (whose source
is in src/core/libs/lib-ui-interactive.sh), the latter calls, amongst
others, target_run_mkinitcpio

You should probably do like the example profiles and define something
like:

worker_configure_system () {
        preconfigure_target
        <your custom code here>