[arch-releng] archiso / aif log

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Aug 15 05:25:38 EDT 2011

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 22:22:27 -0300
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> * New documentation README (boot params, build instructions and other
> things)

I think one should always assume if "new feature X" is in the Changelog, that the README update for feature X also happened.  that's just good coding practice. So I don't mention these explictly, unless you did relevant README updates that go beyond these changes?

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 09:01:55 +0200
Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Am 15.08.2011 03:22, schrieb Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi:
> >> * Remove joe from packagelist.
> > Removed: aufs2 aufs2-util iwlwifi-3945-ucode iwlwifi-4965-ucode
> > iwlwifi-5000-ucode iwlwifi-5150-ucode joe ndiswrapper ndiswrapper-utils
> > rt2x00-rt61-fw rt2x00-rt71w-fw tiacx tiacx-firmware
>
> That is misleading. Most of those are now contained in the
> linux-firmware package.

but we don't include linux-firmware?
$ ack firmware configs/releng/packages.*
configs/releng/packages.i686
40:zd1211-firmware

configs/releng/packages.x86_64
40:zd1211-firmware

Is there a more concise way to phrase this firmware change?