[arch-releng] Please test the recent isos

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Aug 15 06:29:33 EDT 2011

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 05:05:13 +0300
Sorin-Mihai Vârgolici <smv at yobicore.org> wrote:

> În data de Du, 14-08-2011 la 20:19 -0500, Thomas Dziedzic a scris:
> > Great, now I am experiencing another error.
> >
> > https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25579
> > FS#25579 - [aif] 2011.08.14 error with selecting sources in dual netinstall cd
>
> Same problem in the x86_64 ones, bot core and netinstall.

that's fixed also. sorry guys..

Btw you can pretty easily update AIF on any image like this:

pacman -S git make
git clone git://github.com/Dieterbe/aif.git
cd aif
git checkout develop
make install

this way you have the latest aif which you can use to do a testrun if you hit any issues.
(but before you invoke aif after a failed run, you may need to umount all target mountpoints (/mnt, /mnt/boot, /mnt/home, etc) and swapoff /dev/sda2 or whichever swap devices you used. otherwise aif won't be able to use these devices as they are already in use.

if you manage to do a successful install with a recent iso and an aif from git, you can use the feedback app and just report for the most recent version listed there.  (not 100% accurate, but good enough)