[arch-releng] Please test the recent isos

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Wed Aug 17 08:44:35 EDT 2011

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 14:35:19 +0200
Charles <ce at vejnar.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tested the automatic install with 2011.08.16 but it is failing
> while executing target_prepare_pacman.
>
> I want to install the package only from the local core repository
> without donwloading anything from a mirror.
>
> The problem seems to be on line 36:
> [ -n "$MIRROR" ] && configure_mirrorlist runtime || return 1
>
> If $MIRROR is unspecified, my case, this always ends with an exit
> code of 1.
>
> Should it not be something like that:
> [ -n "$MIRROR" ] && configure_mirrorlist runtime
>
> Thanks
>
> Charles

Thanks,
fixed in git:

-       [ -n "$MIRROR" ] && configure_mirrorlist runtime || return 1
+       if [ -n "$MIRROR" ]; then
+               configure_mirrorlist runtime || return 1
+       fi

(the `|| return 1` is needed for propagating errorcodes so we know if a step failed because an important command during the step failed somewhere, potentially called in a "sub function")