[arch-releng] grub install not listing partitions

C Anthony Risinger anthony at xtfx.me
Fri Dec 23 21:20:15 EST 2011

On Dec 23, 2011 8:16 PM, wrote:

> I use a similar setup at home (gpt/grub2 -> mdraid-> lvm2).  Since I use
GPT the booting is different, but I believe the first 1ehm-eye-bee is
skipped -- I install the BIOS-GPT piece of grub2 to both disks in my RAID.

> AFAIK, most tools/schemes/standards following BIOS+MBR simply avoid that
area entirely.

... my bad ... prob my second top-post of my life ...

I usually copy paste the message inline since I'm on a mobile, but I forgot
that time.  Please forgive my transgression, kind and just rulers of the
list!

C Anthony