[arch-releng] nullglob

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Wed Jan 26 07:19:07 EST 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:22:18 -0500
Matthew Gyurgyik <pyther at pyther.net> wrote:

> Falconindy was right. nullglob affects everything just not the
> function. I simply fixed it by adding shopt -u nullglob at the end of
> the function.
>
> I rebased and forced a push therefore there is no "new" commit:
> https://github.com/pyther/aif/commit/43d02dc58a63599ff67d3a7e9f89c8b81831b56b
>
> I don't think it is worth it to resend the patch yet again for one
> line of code, though let me know if that is what you want me to do.

can you be sure that nullglob must be unset after the function?
Could it be that nullglob was already set in the beginning?

> Here is the link for "Moved kernel parameter generation into
> get_kernel_parameters"
> https://github.com/pyther/aif/commit/2265ae387d898e68cc0bfa964d59fcf3737ba2b9
> let me know you want me to send a patch to the list for that.

I think you're missing the point of the mailing list.
on the mailing list, there are multiple people interested in the releng
code.  Multiple people who can review your stuff and comment it.
It's pointless to put all the work on my shoulders, and I only when I
say it looks good, to send it to the ML.
It's ok to get in touch with me for very specific questions, but for
stuff like this: Send it to ML right away, it's ok if there are still
problems in it, we can discuss it on the ML.