[arch-releng] [archiso] saying good-bye to union-fs-method?

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jun 8 01:52:56 EDT 2011

On 06/07/2011 11:58 AM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
>>> Yes, sounds nice.
>> archiso (hook): 30% done
>> archiso2dual: 0%
> I say we finish mkarchiso and the hook first (I can help with the hook I
> think) and disable the dual images until we get to fix archiso2dual.
>
> Once we move kernel26 to core, we either have no ISOs, or the non-dual ISOs.
>
> About changing from Makefile to script or whatever: Refactor it the way
> you think it works best. I don't think anyone depends on the Makefiles here.

First: Sorry: this is just a BIG patch, no trivial commits

TODO: messages, comments, documentation, archiso2dual, syslinux-iso,
other changes.

Short description (Highlights):

* good-bye aufs2, welcome dm-snapshot.
* syslinux-iso is not touched, I just done a simple profile "baseline"
to test
* mkarchiso use "set -e -u"
* isomounts renamed aitab (new syntax)
Field to select squashfs compression (xz, lzo, gzip) or "none" (no
squashfs is used just raw image)
Field to select filesystem type of "raw" image.fs (ext2, ext3, ext4, xfs)
Field to set free space (in %) or total size of "raw" image.
Fields architecture supports "any".
* New command: "prepare", builds all images (used before iso)
* *.sqfs -> *.sfs (more standard)
* single images looks like dual images (directory scheme)

build process (no verbose): http://pastebin.com/8EGRtzQi
how live-enviroment look (loop devices, mounts):
http://pastebin.com/qt63QnQw
branch dm-snapshot: https://github.com/djgera/archiso/tree/dm-snapshot

Tree:

├── arch