[arch-releng] Call for test: archiso with dm-snapshot

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Jun 18 02:03:01 EDT 2011

On 06/14/2011 01:51 AM, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I want to know opinions about my recent work to archiso, since there
> are lots of changes. If someone can do some tests, they are very
> welcomed. Sugestions are very appreciated. Thanks :)

Basic documentation, done
Comments in code, done.
Testing all builds, done.
Booting all builds, done.

Untested: archiso_pxe_nbd, and archiso_loop_mnt.

If there are no objections, I will merge dm-snapshot branch in official
master branch in about 12 hours.

commit msg is:

[archiso] Use dm-snapshot instead of aufs2 (A.K.A. "The Big Commit")

* Use device mapper + snapshot module, instead union layer filesystem.
   * A block-level approach vs vfs-level.
   * No more unofficial (Linux) things.
   * More memory is needed.
* Refactor mkarchiso.
* Refactor hooks/archiso.
* New configs/releng to build official images.
* Removed configs/syslinux-iso.
* Removed archiso2dual script. Now functionallity integrated in configs/releng.
* New configs/baseline to build the most basic live medium or use as template.
* New README file.

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1