[arch-releng] Couple of problems with the latest 03.09 & 03.05 ISO's

bill . freestyler7 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:18:12 EST 2011

Hello and thanks for your work with the newest ISO's.
I really don't know if this is the best place to post about problems with
the latest testing releases so excuse me beforehand.

I wanted to make a new install on a virtualbox machine and i used the
2011.03.09 iso.
Before i am even dropped to a console to start the installation i get the
following error

ERROR: while mounting root (aufs) filesystem.
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
[ramfs /]#

It switches on a ramfs console and i can't continue the installation.
I searched the net but couldn't find anything to help me. Let me know if
there is a way to provide more info.

I used the 2011.03.05 iso and this time it started the installation with no
problem.
I was able to finish the procedure normally except for the part where it
installs the bootloader.
I was only given the option to install it on partitions (*/dev/sdX#*) and
not on a hard disk itself. (like* /dev/sdX)

*As expected I couldn't boot into my new installation and i had to to use
the "grub setup" command (from within the installation iso)  to install the
loader on the mbr.

And again, if this isn't the correct place to report problems, please direct
me to a better one. Thanks!