[arch-releng] Default Bootloader for AIF

Matthew Gyurgyik pyther at pyther.net
Sun Mar 13 14:01:16 EDT 2011

Arch Devs,

In November Pierre wrote a mail to arch-dev-public about bootloaders in
core.
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-November/018445.html

Pierre wrote:
> Summing up my suggestion for some time in the future would be:
> * move extlinux/syslinux to core/base
> * move grub1 to extra/multilib and remove it from base group
> * keep grub2 in extra
> * maybe also move lilo to extra
> * of course keep all of them on the install cd

Now that there is Syslinux support in AIF, should AIF select Syslinux as
the "Default" bootloader?

Users are asked to select which bootloader package they would like to
install. They can either pick from Grub or Syslinux. Since Grub is
listed first it is selected as the "Default".

~pyther