[arch-releng] Iso tests

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sun May 15 06:00:04 EDT 2011

On Sat, 14 May 2011 14:21:39 +0200
Tom Willemsen <tom.willemsen at archlinux.us> wrote:

> Hey Dieter,
>
> > Hey Tom, how is it going?
>
> All is good, though always busy. You?
>
> > Do you have time to look at these issues?
> > They are all pretty small things, but I believe they are showstoppers before I announce the new service to the bigger public.
> >
> > * FS#24018 - {archweb} releng: not clear which helptext belongs to which option/checkbox list.
> > https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24018
>
> (..)
> I would go for the label option anyway because that (sorry if this
> sounds very wrong) seems like less work now and possibly also in the
> future.

it seems to me with a bit of css this can be easily fixed. the helptext even has a class 'helptext'.

> If I could be pointed to or given an explanation how to create / send a
> patch the way you want them I'll happily do this, although it seems such
> a minor change that anyone could do it in a few seconds.

make a commit that fixes it,
then run git format-patch -s
then git send-email, fill in arch-releng at archlinux.org
but first you'll need to configure git to use a mailer.
you can use msmtp which is very simple to setup. plenty of tutorials.

> > * FS#24042 - {archweb} releng: make the clock options clearer
> > https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24042
>
> This sounds like something that should be done in the admin console, or
> is this a request to also change this in the fixtures? If so I'd happily
> do this as well of course.

yes, the changes should be in the source code. the defaults aren't optimal.

> > * This one is probably for Dan, it's just a matter of choosing where to put a simple link.
> > FS#24022 - {archweb} releng: there should be a way to administer feedback entries
> > https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24022
>
> From the comments I read it seems like you may have already found what
> you're looking for? Or is it about the link from devel?

actually I'm just waiting for Dan to do it.  I see two options for links, I can wait for him to answer which it should be, then I would submit a patch, run the risk I missed a detail and need to redo the patch thing, but since the change is so trivial he could just do it.