[arch-releng] [archiso] pxe_curl/pxe_nfs now in master ;)

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Nov 28 10:43:24 EST 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:37:11 -0300
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Not that mkinitcpio-0.8.0 hits core, I pushed all archiso patched to
> master. Wait for next next testbuild, or build yourself!
>
> 5b9eba9 [archiso] Add checksum support to pxe_curl
> cd359bc [archiso] Checksum only aitab and *.sfs (per architecture)
> 0411fc9 [configs/releng] Make all syslinux bootloaders works with the
> sames configs.
> 8bd0674 [archiso] Add DNS resolver support to archiso_pxe_common
> 76dea16 [archiso] Add PXE NFS support
> 8eb4c62 [archiso] Add archiso_pxe_curl hook
> 1edaf15 [archiso] Split archiso_pxe_nbd in two hooks.
> 4096546 [configs/*] chroot to root-image for initramfs build
> 334db09 [archiso] Check if /run/archiso/bootmnt is a mountpoint.
> f097724 [archiso] Only accepts aitab inside
> e03ed81 [archiso] Use different logic when archisodevice == cow_device
> e135003 [archiso] simplify _mnt_dev() (mount is now from util-linux)

there's probably a bunch of pxe/archiso stuff that should become mentioned/explained in the official install guide.
if you're willing to write the initial draft I could review it and fix the language mistakes, at least in so far I can find them.
http://projects.archlinux.org/aif.git/tree/doc/official_installation_guide_en