[arch-releng] [archiso] pxe_curl/pxe_nfs now in master ;)

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Nov 28 11:16:31 EST 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:10:13 -0300
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> On 11/28/2011 01:06 PM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> > Am 28.11.2011 17:02, schrieb Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi:
> >> OK: Just for confirmation, what your want is this inside a tarball:
> >>
> >> $ tree arch -I syslinux
> >> arch
> >> ├── aitab
> >> ├── any
> >> │ └── usr-share.fs.sfs
> >> ├── boot
> >> │ ├── i686
> >> │ │ ├── archiso.img
> >> │ │ └── vmlinuz
> >> │ ├── memtest
> >> │ ├── memtest.COPYING
> >> │ └── x86_64
> >> │ ├── archiso.img
> >> │ └── vmlinuz
> >> ├── checksum.i686.md5
> >> ├── checksum.x86_64.md5
> >> ├── i686
> >> │ ├── lib-modules.fs.sfs
> >> │ └── root-image.fs.sfs
> >> └── x86_64
> >> ├── lib-modules.fs.sfs
> >> └── root-image.fs.sfs
> >>
> >> (remove memtest?)
> >>
> >> It can be done in config/releng/build.sh.
> > Exactly, remove memtest. What I need in the end is this extracted
> > as a subfolder of http://releng.archlinux.org/isos/$VERSION/. As
> > stated in another post, this could also be done in the releng
> > script, by extracting the netinstall-dual ISO with bsdtar. I don't
> > know which way to prefer, as long as the files are there in the end.
> >
> Yes. Waiting for Dieter answer. But I think making a tarball is a bit
> reduntant, anyway releng scripts should extract it in the correct
> location.

yes, it seems trivial to script the extracting of an iso in the releng scripts.
however, since this effectively produces another "installation medium" I think it makes more sense to
perform this in build.sh (or whatever);
this also makes it easier for others who want to build the same end-product (the dir with files) themselves.