[arch-releng] [archiso] pxe_curl/pxe_nfs now in master ;)

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Nov 29 05:16:05 EST 2011

Am 28.11.2011 16:37, schrieb Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi:
> Not that mkinitcpio-0.8.0 hits core, I pushed all archiso patched to
> master. Wait for next next testbuild, or build yourself!
>
> 8bd0674 [archiso] Add DNS resolver support to archiso_pxe_common

The DNS resolver does not work. First, the symlinks
/lib/libnss_{files,dns}.so.2 are missing, only the
libnss_{files,dns}-2.14.1.so are there.

If I create the right symlinks, the resolver seems to do something, but
times out. Using an IP address works fine. I don't know what's wrong
with the resolver, I might have a look later.

I inserted an IP address instead of a name for the moment, you can try
netbooting by running
 qemu -m 1G -kernel gpxe.lkrn [1]
Download takes a while, but the image boots up fine.

[1] https://releng.archlinux.org/pxeboot/gpxe_text.lkrn