[arch-releng] [archiso] pxe_curl/pxe_nfs now in master ;)

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Nov 29 21:29:07 EST 2011

On 11/29/2011 01:13 PM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 29.11.2011 13:18, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>> Am 29.11.2011 11:16, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>>> I inserted an IP address instead of a name for the moment, you can try
>>> netbooting by running
>>>   qemu -m 1G -kernel gpxe.lkrn [1]
>>> Download takes a while, but the image boots up fine.
>>>
>>> [1] https://releng.archlinux.org/pxeboot/gpxe_text.lkrn
>> For testing better use this:
>>   qemu -net nic,model=virtio -net user -m 1G -kernel gpxe.lkrn
>> Without the virtio interface, download rates are tiny. With virtio, I
>> just downloaded the images with almost 3MB/s.
> This was a false alert: Due to some local transparent proxy, I had
> better speed when booting it the second time.

I want such internet connection! :P

You can remove archisobasedir=arch from bootparam, is the default ;)
This start looking good. If you need some help please let me know.

btw: http://releng.archlinux.org/pxeboot/boot/cfg/gen_config.sh -> 403

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1