[arch-releng] [archiso] pxe_curl/pxe_nfs now in master ;)

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Nov 30 04:49:23 EST 2011

Am 30.11.2011 04:27, schrieb C Anthony Risinger:
> i didn't have 1G of ram to use at that moment, so i tried 512M
> instead, seemed to work ok ... whats the minimum?

I didn't compute it. You need almost 200MB for the downloaded files, and
a few MB to run Linux. You can try 256MB.

> might be a bit bandwidth intensive tho -- would be cool to see
> flurry/torrent-like method (eg, libtorrent) of gathering the images
> ... might be a bit "out there", but i would seed the images ;-), and i
> have a pretty nice connection.

The initramfs is already 17MB, more clients make it bigger. The plan is
to provide a mirror selection when downloading releases - of course,
there is no release yet that supports booting over http.