[arch-releng] aif profile for EFI/GPT with grub2, dm_crypt+lvm2 on SSD, archiso EFI?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Apr 6 05:42:49 EDT 2012

based on a script somebody made
I wrote a profile for aif -p automatic:
http://pastie.org/3737804
For creating the filesystems, i leverage the aif functionality (it supports everything needed).
For partitioning and installing the bootloader I use 2 custom functions as aif currently does not support gpt/efi/grub2

The install seems to run fine, but since archiso currently boots through bios, i cannot make the efi entries with efibootmgr (no efi vars after loading efivars module).
I saw the recent patches for archiso EFI support, what's the current status of that?
Is there a method to create a usb stick similar as described here
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/USB_Installation_Media#Without_overwriting_the_USB_drive
that is: an EFI-booting usb stick with archiso, which you can easily mount to put custom files on?

If only I can figure out how to make the system boot, I think I'm pretty close :)