[arch-releng] archiso testbuilds built with testing repo enabled

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Apr 8 19:14:04 EDT 2012

On 04/08/2012 06:57 PM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 15:22:59 -0300
> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi<vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar>  wrote:

>>> Ok.
>>>
>>> then I push the patch to support boot via "El Torito" (EFI) in archiso
>>> (master)?
>>>
>> I think that can be a good idea to make a new branch in archiso named
>> "testing" that must be used when [testing] repo is enabled.
>>
>> Many times, I made patches for changes due new packages, but I not
>> pushed to master branch until these packages hits [core]/[extra].
>>
> I'm wondering what the simplest approach is to achive our goals.
> Maybe what you said, but I would name the branch "develop" (aif also uses that).
> whatever(?)
> Dieter

Well, the thing is that "develop" name does not reflect what I want:
stable patches for use in with [testing] repo to avoid broken things
(for example, the last commit [#1])

I normally push my patches to github on "djgera" branch, patches they
needs [testing], and will go to master very soon. (in other words this
branch will become "testing" in main git repo (projects.archlinux.org)
My branch "experimental" (github) is re-based on "djgera", and this is
what you call "develop", this branch many times includes things that
needs building packages yourself (mostly mkinitcpio in old days, but in
these days mkinitcpio has a fast release-cycle).
Other branchs can exists on github (like now "efi_stub" [#2], and in the
past has been "pxe_curl", "dm_snapshot", etc...) but that is another
history, they are re-re-re-based until gets nice "shape".

[#1]
https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso.git/commit/?id=fbb6272b86b06888a1a82b19309e5921afd35037
[#2] https://github.com/djgera/archiso/compare/master...efi_stub

--