[arch-releng] Linux-3.3 now hits [core], enable or not EFI on ISOs?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Tue Apr 10 12:27:23 EDT 2012

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:16:17 -0300
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want to get a "yes" or "no" about pushing my EFI patch [#1] in archiso
> that enables EFI CD-ROM booting via "El Torito" method. At least from
> Thomas or Dieter, since I did not get feedback from other people than
> Keshav P R (Thanks you).
>
> Just for remember this patch just increses the size of all x86_64 isos
> in 20MiB.
>
> [#1]
> https://github.com/djgera/archiso/commit/e3531ebd91b458c02dbfc5a2225a8c5397ce17e9
>
> Thanks.

Does it also increase size of the dual image?
the dual image is currently 732MB, the others are <410MB

It seems like a useful feature, but I don't really know what I'm talking about.  I know very little about archiso and EFI.
I mostly care about AIF and being able to install systems (including using EFI), and it seems that to be able to do an EFI installation
(which needs efibootmgr), the system needs to be booted with EFI (otherwise the efi vars won't be set), that's all I know about this.