[arch-releng] [archiso] keep name resolver settings

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Thu Apr 19 15:50:48 EDT 2012

Hello everybody,

I am not shure if this is the correct place to report or if there is any
better one... If so - please let me know.

Ok, the initrd hooks from archiso support PXE booting. In this case the
initrd is responsible for setting up the network. All these setting are
persistent, so are still valid after changing to the real system. With one
exception: name resolver settings (namely file /etc/resolv.conf) are lost,
which ends up in a system with network connectivity that can not resolve a
single host.

Even worse: When launching a dhcp client you may get a new address and end up
with something completely useless as nbd connection is lost.

I would like to write the final /etc/resolv.conf from within initrd. For me
this completely solves the problem. Patch is attached.
--
Best regards,
Chris