[arch-releng] Setting up a development envrironment for working on AIF

Jeremiah Dodds jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 07:20:01 EDT 2012

I just wrote a blog post[1] on what I've ended up setting up for making
working on and testing AIF a bit nicer than what I started with. There's
definitely room for improvement.

Anyhow, I'm posting about it here in the hopes that it can help people
who'd like to contribute to AIF get set up to do so in it's current
state, and to see if anyone has any suggestions / tips for working with
and testing on vms.

If you don't want to read the blog post, the TLDR of the stack I've set
up is:

+ qemu
+ git-daemon for repo-access in-vm
+ pacserv for avoiding network hits when running installs

Footnotes:
[1]  http://jdodds.github.com/blog/2012/08/09/setting-up-a-development-environment-for-aif/

--
Jeremiah Dodds