[arch-releng] dhcp in archiso_pxe_* (WAS: [RFC] [archiso] Use a pure systemd enviroment)

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Aug 22 15:53:44 EDT 2012

Am 22.08.2012 21:47, schrieb Dave Reisner:
>> 2) Instead, we should
>>   * run a real dhcp client in initramfs
>>   * kill it at the end (make it not give away the lease), copy over the
>> lease to the real system (or even leave dhcpcd running)
>
> Does any of this mean we should think about revamping our NFS support in
> mkinitcpio? I'm not really happy with stealing bits from the klibc tree,
> as its a real pain in the butt to maintain (and bump/bugfix).

The current NFS support in mkinitcpio was a shortcut, because I was too
lazy to do it properly and it was completely compatible with the classic
kernel NFS setup.

Doing it properly is not easy, and I never cared enough. It is certainly
not done "the right way". It is simple compatible to the 1990s way of
doing things.