[arch-releng] [RFC] [archiso] Populate /run/aif/AIF_IGNORE_DEVS with archiso virtual devices

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 13 17:01:41 EST 2012

On 02/09/2012 12:33 AM, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> On 02/07/2012 04:46 AM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
>> On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 12:20:55 -0300
>> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi<vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar>  wrote:
>>
>>> AIF is supposed to run on any enviroment. Is the work of AIF to find
>>> how each enviroment is setup.
>> This seems a bit exaggerated to me.
>>
>>> You can run any installer inside archiso (there are some interesting
>>> and simple scripts contributed in our community).
>>>
>> okay so several installers can run in archiso and aif can run in
>> several environments.
>> then we name it without using archiso NOR aif, something like:
>>
>> /run/installer-ignore-devs
>>
>> ?
>>
> ok

Or a better thing:

In archiso* hooks make /run/archiso/used_block_devices and from archiso
"releng" profile symlink /run/installer-ignore-devs ->
/run/archiso/used_block_devices via tmpfiles.
In this way, we keep everything in its place and all happy :)

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1