[arch-releng] Reviving archiso releases?

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Jul 27 20:49:34 EDT 2012

Hi,

as I plan a new iso for next week, I was wondering if we should create
tags for archiso so I can create an actual package to be put into the
repos. This would simplify the building process and reduces some
possible issues from e.g. an inconsistent archiso install. (e.g. if you
just run make install old files wont get removed from the root-image
directory. Imho the more we can automate and standardize here the
better.

I guess the easiest way would be to use a versioning scheme like in
arch-install scripts (every tag increments the version by one) or a date
based one (e.g. 20120728). We could just tag a new release a few days
before the new iso gets created and update the package.

So, what do you think about this?

Greetings,

Pierre