[arch-releng] why this was removed from archiso hook?

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Oct 7 04:30:46 EDT 2012

Am 07.10.2012 00:52, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>> https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso.git/commit/?id=d355c2b83527d3f0c08c6e800b975a613a169c9d
>
> OMG, this is shit. This needs to be (mostly) reverted.
>
> This replaces the normal getty at .service by our autologin at .service, which
> causes autologin on all terminals. This is definitely not intended.
>
> We don't want to replace getty at .service with autologin, we only want to
> start autologin on tty1.

This is exactly what it is doing here. How did you manage to have it
logged in on all terminals? I have tested the iso several times on vm
and different real hardware and never had this issue.

>> * the multi-user.target is the default
>>
>> is not the default! graphical.target is the default, this causes an
>> error on startup because is trying to start display-manager.service, so
>> fallback to multi-user.target
>
> Correct.

Sorry, I forgot about the display-manager issue (afaik this was
introduced in later versions of systemd). But you guys are a little
overreacting here. I don't see how this would justify a new iso release.
All that happens is that systemd prints a warning in its journal. There
is no error on startup; it even prints a green OK here.

It is correct to enable the multi-user.target again.

But to be clear here, there is no visible effect as this target was
activated by the graphical target anyway.

> Pierre, why are you doing last minute changes to things you clearly do
> not understand properly?

How about you watch your tone? Nobody is going to work on this project
if we insult each other when minor errors are made.

Greetings,

Pierre