[arch-releng] Tagging a new archiso release

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Sep 6 23:28:47 EDT 2012

On 09/06/2012 07:39 PM, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to test and tag a new archiso release tomorrow so a new iso
> can be pushed this weekend. Any objections to this? Anything else that
> should be included into that release but is not yet commited to git?
nope, go ahead.

> We should delay the systemd patches for a later release. It has some
> potentional problems on shutdown and with the proposed dhcpd service
> file. It's also a little untested for a last minute change. I also
> hadn't had time myself to look into this yet. This shouldn't be a big
> deal though as the next iso is only about four weeks away.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre

When say "potentional shutdown problems", to what do you mean?
Because the only issue is that systemd-shutdown code will try to
"unroll" all mount points/loop devs/device mapper/... in a
"for-0-to50-do", so lots of non-harm warnings will be displayed. (In
some way this happens already with initscripts, in a much minor way).
But if you talk about shutdown with network boot (NFS/NBD only), that
also affects initscripts, are already workaround by always doing a
copytoram=y

The only thing in my TODO, is to reimplement automatic script logic in
some way.

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1