[arch-releng] Nicer boot menu entry on Macs

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Feb 28 06:30:57 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Is this Apple specific or defined in the UEFI standard? If it is
> specific to one hardware vendor I am -1 on this.

I assume it is Apple specific. I could not confirm this, but the file
format is an Apple one.

I only have this one EFI machine, so can't test on others. Could
anyone else have a look at how the user experience is like on some
some other vonder's hardware?

I still think having the Arch installer labelled "Windows" is highly
suboptimal, even if it is only for one (pretty major) vendor. Any
other suggestions how to improve the situation?

Cheers,

Tom