[arch-releng] [arch-dev-public] FYI: systemd 198

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Mar 7 20:06:29 EST 2013

On 03/07/2013 09:35 PM, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> A new systemd release is out (not yet packaged though), and there are
> several features which might be of interest to us.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom

> Hey!
>
> Finally, here's 198, with many big changes:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/systemd-198.tar.xz
>
> In detail:
>

>         * A number of unit files to ease adoption of systemd in
>           initrds has been added. This moves some minimal logic from
>           the various initrd implementations into systemd proper.

I am excited in particularity for this feature, and how can be used for
archiso, when mkinitcpio supports this.

Thanks for your work around this Tom :)

I guess in a future, something similar will be happen to replace
"shutdown" initramfs script with systemd, right?

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1