[arch-releng] Arch iso packages; clonezilla?

Jonathan Steel mail at jsteel.org
Sat Nov 23 03:45:02 EST 2013

Hi,

I would like to propose including clonezilla [1][2] in the installation
media. It provides an ncurses menu for backing up and restoring
partitions/disks using partclone, which is already included (I maintain
both).

As well as being a small and useful tool, I have another motive for getting
it added.

Clonezilla currently offer live media iso files of Debian and Ubuntu-based
operating systems running clonezilla. By including clonezilla in our
installation media they are happy to add it as an alternative version,
offering an Arch-based iso that you can run clonezilla on.

Are there any objections to this?

Thanks,

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/clonezilla/
[2] http://clonezilla.org