[arch-releng] 2013.09.01 ISO uploaded

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Mon Sep 2 10:49:12 EDT 2013

Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> on Sun, 2013/09/01 16:04:
> On 1 Sep 2013 14:03, "Christian Hesse" <list at eworm.de> wrote:
> >
> > Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> on Sun, 2013/09/01 13:07:
> > > The only issue I know about is that the kernel will panic for
> > > certain wireless chips (at least a lot of Broadcom's are affected).
> >
> > And nobody cares.
>
> Just to let you know: a fix (or rather workaround) is making its way
> through the proper channels and will hopefully land in mainland and then a
> stable kernel soon. I have been tracking it upstream and will make sure it
> won't get lost.

For anybody interested... The fix has been merged in Linus' tree and will be
in 3.11:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=2dfca312a91631311c1cf7c090246cc8103de038
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)