[arch-releng] iPXE HTTPS

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Dec 14 18:02:56 UTC 2015

Am 12.12.2015 um 15:48 schrieb David Manouchehri:
> On the Arch netboot page, several of the scripts are using HTTP. iPXE
> supports HTTPS, so I believe there's no reason to use HTTP.
>
> https://releng.archlinux.org/pxeboot/arch_text.ipxe
>
> Feel free to chime in if I'm missing something.

The whole netboot stuff needs lots of love still. Over two years ago, I
wrote patches to integrate it into the regular website, which have not
been finished and merged yet.

The problem with https, last time I checked, was the lack of support for
wildcard certificates. I did not evaluate this recently.