[arch-releng] reduce image size

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 20:25:29 UTC 2015

On 10/02/2015 08:10 PM, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:

>> Some general thoughts...
>> In make_prepare() we do a 'cp -a ...' - does that make sense? We can skip
>> that step when bootstrapping to the correct directory, no?
>> Moreover, sometimes we call 'mkarchiso -w "${work_dir}" ...' and add the
>> subdirectories later in function, sometimes we call 'mkarchiso -w
>> "${work_dir}/${arch}" ...' or similar. Is there a reason for that? To make
>> that path handling unique should simplify implementing my feature. This would
>> break existing configs, though.
>>

> "cp .. -l ..." all hardlinks, if my memory does not fail....this is done
> to make, the build process of dual iso much more easy, I do not remember
> exactly why in this way. The idea was, build each $arch at time, then
> merge in last step, also easy to "re-exec build.sh" at intermediate points.

correction: The point is, if you want to re-execute make_prepare(),
(deleting the lock file made by run_once()), do it on the same "state"
of untouched workdir, since _cleanup removes files and maybe you want to
re-exec pacman, was good for testing purposes... can be removed, indeed
# rm ... /airootfs can be uncommented....

I am currently working on this idea of single sfs ;)