[arch-releng] reduce image size

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Wed Oct 7 06:40:12 UTC 2015

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at gmail.com> on Sun, 2015/10/04 16:51:

> >> "cp .. -l ..." all hardlinks, if my memory does not fail....this is done
> >> to make, the build process of dual iso much more easy, I do not remember
> >> exactly why in this way. The idea was, build each $arch at time, then
> >> merge in last step, also easy to "re-exec build.sh" at intermediate
> >> points.
> >
> > correction: The point is, if you want to re-execute make_prepare(),
> > (deleting the lock file made by run_once()), do it on the same "state"
> > of untouched workdir, since _cleanup removes files and maybe you want to
> > re-exec pacman, was good for testing purposes... can be removed, indeed
> > # rm ... /airootfs can be uncommented....

Ah, I missing the flag about hardlinks...
I've never made any use of the copy, though.

> > I am currently working on this idea of single sfs ;)

Great!

> some drafts [#1] (non-working). Apart from this, seems to be a good time
> do to some cleanups of unused things, to make scripts more simple.
>
> [#1] https://github.com/djgera/archiso/compare/experimental

Let me know when this is supposed to work and I will give it a try.
Thanks a lot!
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)