[arch-releng] Trouble with EFI booting

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Sun May 15 18:21:29 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

I am having trouble with EFI booting the media, at least in virtualbox it
fails for me. Instead of presenting the boot menu I am dropped to EFI shell.

As I am not sure what caused the issue I open a new topic.
We had some changes recently... New packages of efitools (replacing
prebootloader) and dosfstools (which create the filesystem for emulated boot).
I tried with various combinations of old package(s) and different
configuration - but could not make it boot in virtualbox EFI virtual machine.

Did anybody build an image recently and tested EFI functionality?
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)