[arch-releng] accessibility support in official arch iso.

Alexandr Epaneshnikov aarnaarn2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 07:56:10 UTC 2019

hello. i am a blind arch user. currently to independently install arch i
am using the TalkingArch <https://talkingarch.info> it is simple respin
of archiso with speakup and brltty packages included.

it wood be nice if official arch live iso comes with accessability
support. especialy then Debian, fedora and even gentoo provides such
option and it doesn't required much maintenance when implemented. if
someone from arch Community interested to implement with my guidance of
course.

a possible approach :

1 include alsa, brltty and espeakup packages.

2 create a special boot option to boot archiso live session with speech
enabled. brltty can be enabled in standard session because it not
interfere with workload for sited people.

3 make a11y documentation on arch wiki.

if someone is interested. lets discuss.

p.s. i hope that I chose the right list.

Sincerely, Alexander