[arch-releng] ArchIso bootloader

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 14:41:23 UTC 2019

On 10/11/19 12:42 PM, александр епанешников via arch-releng wrote:

> thanks for answers.
>
>> One for USB EFI boot, the other for the vintage DVD/CD mode in EFI ("El
>> Torito")
>

> wear i can read about Torito? because now i don't understand fully "how
> boot segment of archiso built?"

For traditional bios firmware, this is done "magically" by these lines:

-eltorito-boot isolinux/isolinux.bin
-eltorito-catalog isolinux/boot.cat
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table

and for efi firmware with (at last)

-eltorito-alt-boot
-e EFI/archiso/efiboot.img
-no-emul-boot
-isohybrid-gpt-basdat"

in mkarchiso

this requires more work, because efiboot.img must be prepared this is
just a vfat fs inside (done at build.sh)