[arch-releng] talking arch wiki needs an update

Alexander Epaneshnikov aarnaarn2 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 16:31:43 UTC 2020

hello Jude.

07.06.2020 18:09, Jude DaShiell пишет:
> The audio tutorial on that page is way out of date and only gets anyone to
> an unbootable system if instructions are followed.  At the least it needs
> removal and at best it needs an update.
where exactly you found an audio tutorial?
> I used the latest talkingarch to do an arch install and still have an
> unbootable system.
are you using a TalkingArch from talkingarch.info?
> For one thing, the pacstrap line is defective.
> It needs at minimum to be:
> pacstrap /mnt base base-devel espeakup alsa-utils pulseaudio-alsa dhcpcd
> linux linux-firmware grub vi
You are not quite right. Some packages in your command are not needed.

> Even with that line I haven't got a bootable system since I don't get the
> grub beep when trying to boot the system.
> Beyond that, where is alsa.state supposed to be located and where does
> alsa.state get copied for anything to work?
> I had to attach a second speaker set to a usb port to get the system to
> generate an asound.conf file but even copying that into /mnt/etc didn't
> help.
this is correct, if you have only one sound card, then the file will not
be created. it just isn't needed.
> Another question related to this is if you don't have two or more sound
> cards what are the proper commands to get alsa working at all on a new
> system install with espeakup?  That was never coveered in the basic
> install tutorial either.
no special commands are needed. it should just work.

--
Sincerely, Alexander.