[arch-releng] efi stub

Maarten de Vries maarten at de-vri.es
Mon Jun 8 16:41:36 UTC 2020

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 16:59, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at panix.com> wrote:

> The machine that got archlinux installed on it yesterday has only a bios
> boot mode.  Would efi stub be useful for such a machine?  I now have
> everything set to msdos and on this 3tb drive lost some useable disk real
> estate doing so.

efistub is an UEFI application, so it only works with UEFI enabled
motherboards. If your motherboard doesn't support UEFI, then you can not
use efistub.

I don't think the archlinux releng mailinglist is for this type of
question, btw. I think it's for official Arch Linux release engineering
related things.

-- Maarten