[arch-releng] Latest ArchISO breaks 512MB RAM barrier

Óscar García Amor ogarcia at moire.org
Fri May 1 17:48:45 UTC 2020

Hello all,

Simply I wanted to tell you that the latest ArchISO image needs more
than 512MB of RAM to boot. If you try to boot it in a machine (you can
test with VirtualBox) with 512MB of ram you give a "Initramfs
unpacking failed: write error" after Probing EDD line. Next in
"Mounting '/dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_202005' to '/run/archiso/bootmnt'
cannot mount and fallbacks to interactive prompt.

I don't know if this is intentional or not. But I think that if the
new ISOs need more than 512 MB or RAM to boot, maybe it is a good idea
to publish a notice in Arch Linux web page.

Greetings.
--
Óscar García Amor | ogarcia at moire.org | http://ogarcia.me