[arch-security] Git client vulnerability

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Sun Dec 21 23:21:27 UTC 2014

On 12/21/2014 11:28 PM, Matthew Jack wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I haven't seen anything about this in the mailing list but I think it's
> interesting - and important for developers:
> https://github.com/blog/1938-git-client-vulnerability-announced

Hey, thats because users under Linux are (most likely) not affected, the
flaw targets a case insensitive filesystem like HFS, NTFS, FAT. This may
only affect Linux if you are cross-mounting from above filesystem types
(like OSX)... but as there seems to be a general interest in getting an
advisory i will publish one soon :)

> Happy holidays!

you too!
cheers