[arch-security] mailinglist time issues (at discussion 'strange netstat connections after having opened Firefox')

Sebastian m-arch-security at sebb767.de
Sat Dec 5 12:37:39 UTC 2015

Hey there,

On 2015-12-04 22:52, respiranto wrote:
> On 12/05/2015 12:26 AM, Elmar Stellnberger wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Is it possible, that your mailserver has some time issues?
> On my machine, it is currently 2015-12-04, 21:52:05 UTC.
> My timezone is UTC+1, so 2015-12-05, 12:26 is definitely in the future.
> There are two other such mails:
> - today, 21:58 UTC
> - today, 22:46 UTC
>
> Or is my mailserver or client somehow responsible for this strange
> time discrepancy?
> It is shown by both Icedove and Mutt.

Same for me. Client is Roundcube Webmail. The mails are out of order and
I guess the time is, too (though I didn't look out for "future" mails).
I'm also in UTC+1.

Greetings,
Sebastian

--
A great many of today's security technologies are "secure" only because
no-one has ever bothered attacking them.