[arch-security] [ASA-201607-12] chromium: multiple issues
rgacogne at archlinux.org
Sun Jul 24 10:43:15 UTC 2016
Arch Linux Security Advisory ASA-201607-12
Date : 2016-07-24
CVE-ID : CVE-2016-1705 CVE-2016-1706 CVE-2016-1708 CVE-2016-1709
CVE-2016-1710 CVE-2016-1711 CVE-2016-5127 CVE-2016-5128
CVE-2016-5129 CVE-2016-5130 CVE-2016-5131 CVE-2016-5132
CVE-2016-5133 CVE-2016-5134 CVE-2016-5135 CVE-2016-5136
Package : chromium
Type : multiple issues
Remote : Yes
Link : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CVE
The package chromium before version 52.0.2743.82-1 is vulnerable to
Upgrade to 52.0.2743.82-1.
# pacman -Syu "chromium>=52.0.2743.82-1"
The problems have been fixed upstream in version 52.0.2743.82.
- CVE-2016-1705 (arbitrary code execution)
Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
- CVE-2016-1706 (sandbox escape)
Sandbox escape in PPAPI. Credit to Pinkie Pie.
- CVE-2016-1708 (arbitrary code execution)
Use-after-free in Extensions. Credit to Adam Varsan.
- CVE-2016-1709 (arbitrary code execution)
Heap-buffer-overflow in sfntly. Credit to ChenQin of Topsec Security Team.
- CVE-2016-1710, CVE-2016-1711 (same-origin policy bypass)
Same-origin bypass in Blink. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.
- CVE-2016-5127 (arbitrary code execution)
Use-after-free in Blink. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
- CVE-2016-5128 (same-origin policy bypass)
Same-origin bypass in V8.
- CVE-2016-5129 (arbitrary code execution)
Memory corruption in V8. Credit to Jeonghoon Shin.
- CVE-2016-5130 (URL spoofing)
URL spoofing. Credit to Wadih Matar.
- CVE-2016-5131 (arbitrary code execution)
Use-after-free in libxml. Credit to Nick Wellnhofer.
- CVE-2016-5132 (same-origin policy bypass)
Limited same-origin bypass in Service Workers. Credit to Ben Kelly.
- CVE-2016-5133 (man-in-the-middle)
Origin confusion in proxy authentication. Credit to Patch Eudor.
- CVE-2016-5134 (information leakage)
URL leakage via PAC script. Credit to Paul Stone.
- CVE-2016-5135 (content security policy bypass)
Content-Security-Policy bypass. Credit to ShenYeYinJiu of Tencent
Security Response Center, TSRC.
- CVE-2016-5136 (arbitrary code execution)
Use after free in extensions. Credit to Rob Wu.
- CVE-2016-5137 (information leakage)
History sniffing with HSTS and CSP. Credit to Xiaoyin Liu.
A remote attacker can access sensitive information, bypass policies or
execute arbitrary code on the affected host.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the arch-security