[arch-women] upcoming arch women blog post: Some Links Related to Women In Computing, June, 2015

tigrmesh tigrmesh at archwomen.org
Sat Jun 13 02:58:11 UTC 2015

This will be going on the arch women blog shortly, but I thought I'd post it to this list as well:

Some Links Related to Women In Computing, June, 2015

Here are a couple of links related to women in computing that have been posted in #archlinux-women in the last few days.

It turns out Grace Hopper was not the only woman to create a programming language.  Who knew?  [9 programming languages and the women who created them](http://www.computerworld.com/article/2920542/app-development/9-programming-languages-and-the-women-who-created-them.html), Computerworld, May 18, 2015.

Intel has created a venture capital fund aimed at increasing the number of women- and minority-led technology startups.  [Intel creates $125 million fund for tech firms led by women and minorities](http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/06/intel-creates-125-million-fund-for-tech-firms-led-by-women-and-minorities/), Ars Technica, June 10, 2015